Life in a Nutshell

I want to blog more, I really do!  At least once a day I will have a topic or feeling that I want to explore and dig in to.  However, those times that I feel inspired are usually not the best time to sit down at the computer and unleash the words that want to come out.  When the time is right for me to grab a few minutes to write my story, the words either are no longer ready to travel from my mind to the screen or Scott is home from work and I want to give my attention to him.  The next thing I know, a month has passed and my blog has gone silent.  Boo.
Daddy's birthday
The end of June brought Scott turning another year older (just in case anyone forgot, he is still older then me).  The kids were so excited to help wrap gifts for their daddy and make cupcakes (and eat them).  Both kids had to blow out candles and help open gifts.  They find delight in the most simplest of moments.

My little firecrackers
Fourth of July brought a family friendly festival at Scott's place of employment.  There was live music, food, bounce houses, and at the end of the night fireworks!  The heat made our kids wear down a little quicker then normal, but they had a great time dancing to the music and watching the fireworks.  Both kids oo'd and ahh'd at the display which was cute.  I brought along pajamas and both were dressed in pj's and asleep before we pulled into our driveway.

I Do I Do!!
Our 5th anniversary arrived on a Thursday and my mom was available to watch the babies so Scott and I could go to dinner.  I wore a new dress and put on mascara (two things that don't happen often) and Scott surprised me with a black velvet jewelry box holding a diamond infinity necklace.  We headed to Red Geranium which is our "special" spot.  This is where Scott proposed to me and also where we ate the night before we become a family of 4.  I love New Harmony and the quiet restaurant that will forever be a part of our history together.  I could also get used to getting new jewelry on our special visits here!    

Boating Babes
Mid-July we decided to head to the lake with some friends and their new pontoon boat.  We rented a house on the water and packed up our kids.  They have a son & daughter that get along (and are well behaved!) with our kids fabulously.  We stayed the entire weekend and had a great time boating, swimming, watching the kids play, and relaxing.  I have a feeling it will become an annual event as our families have a great time together.

Celebrating our doll
The beginning of August brought the 2nd birthday for our little Lila bean.  She had visits, phone calls and texts from family.  She requested waffles for breakfast and "go out for dinner."  She loved opening her gifts and was very kind to let her brother help her.  She enjoyed her cupcake and has mastered the art of saying "I'm 2!"  I knew she had a wonderful day because the following day she woke up and proclaimed it was her birthday again!  

We have a big family/friend party for Lila and Paisley coming up this weekend, a trip to Arkansas in September, our annual bonfire in October, and then the holidays are upon us!  *gulp* Guess it's time to start my Christmas shopping!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More