Life Happening; Blood, Tears and Laughter

Paisley and Mr. Snow
The snow has melted (hooray), we've begun wearing shorts (a little early, but we couldn't wait), and we have jumped head first in to outdoor activities and various celebrations!  It's been a great winter but we are ready for spring!

Pappaw joined us for snow cream
Our final snow day didn't disappoint!  We rode the 4-wheeler, pulled the kids on the sled, whipped up some snow cream and made our first snowman.   As much as we enjoyed the snow, when it quickly melted a few days later we were not sad to see it go (although the muddy mess that temporarily took its spot was not a welcome replacement).  My entryway rugs will never be the same.

I can't even put in to words my love for this boy...
March 14 (pi day) meant I needed to make some cherry delight (pie).  The kids helped by licking the beaters.  I appreciated the help.  :) I have so many memories of licking the beaters while my mom and grandma cooked, I am happy to have my own little munchkins to share the beaters with.  At first they both looked at me like I was crazy when I told them to stick out their tongue and lick, but after a quick demonstration they were all about it.

My sand eating, chalk faced princess
The warmer weather has led to many days and evenings outside.  The sidewalk chalk brought out cheers of delight that are usually reserved for big events like birthdays and Christmas.  The battery powered gator has already required several re-charges and our new kite has already experienced heights like its never known.  We're happily shelving our winter memories and making room for the new ones.

Teaching the kitty how to draw
So far this warmer weather has taught me that a mouth full of sand can be digested in the stomach of a 1year old, side walk chalk really is non-toxic (thank God), and a busted mouth hurts me more then it hurts the 1 year old bleeding buckets.  I must toughen up.

This past Christmas Scott got me a gift card to take an Annie Sloan chalk paint class at a local distributor.  A few weeks ago I took a class and was hooked.  I plan on writing a separate post on my experience and show my piece before and after.  But lets go ahead and say I am hooked and have a new hobby.
Let's go fly a kite
Every so often Scott and I revisit the topic of me returning to work.  Each time we end up at the same place..."...they are our responsibility to raise, protect and teach...it's such a short period of time that I am home with them...5 days a week/8 hours a day is a lot of time for them to spend with someone else...etc."  Within 24 hours of our last conversation I got an e-mail from a head hunter asking me if I was interested in an Senior HR Generalist position at a local company.  At some point I will be ready to go back to work, but now is not that time.  Although it does feel good to be hunted.  :)
Blinding Happiness
March 17 brought on the green!  The kids enjoyed sipping on 7-up and lime sherbet.  We talked about leprechauns and pinching people that weren't wearing green.  Paisley had school and I went to my first parent-teacher conference.  My little 3 year old got rave reviews and the only area of improvement was using scissors.  I fought back tears as I listened to his teacher talk about his social, listening, and academic skills.  My heart was full of pride as I was made very aware of my little boy growing up.  After I got home and my little boy couldn't see, I shed a couple in the laundry room, happy warm tears.

Tonight we'll have dinner with my parents at local restaurant celebrating St. Patrick's Day and a hard-working pre-schooler.  Tomorrow we'll pick up the cat from the vet (today was not a lucky day for the cat (snip snip)) and run some errands.  We'll enjoy the start of a new season and probably eat a little more sidewalk chalk.

As we finish out this St. Patrick's Day I'll leave you with the ever popular Irish Blessing:

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind always be at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More