Here I am!


My last night rocking the 2 year old to sleep
Life!  It is full.  It is fleeting.  It makes me laugh.  It makes me cry.  Sometimes I do both in a very short period of time.  Our last couple of months have kept us on our toes and running about.  

August brought the birthdays of our two little sweeties.  While there is a touch of bittersweet to them growing older, I wear a smile on my face because they are both so healthy, happy, and thriving in every way.  I look forward to each one of their birthdays, their milestones, each significant event that makes me shed a tear of happiness. 

Their party was a combined party (and will be until they beg me to have their own) of "Trucks and Tutus."  We held it in a nearby park and the weather cooperated.  I love seeing the faces of friends and family celebrating the birth of our children.  I can't tell you who gave them what gift, but I can tell you each person that attended.  I don't take their presence for granted and neither do the kids.  
Older, but still up for adventures
September I turned a year older and discovered another 25 gray hairs.  I keep telling Scott one of these days I won't be a hair dye virgin anymore, that time is sooner then later.  *tear*  The big event
of the month was Baby P started Kinder Schule.  It was time for him to spread his wings just a bit and enjoy a structured setting with new friends.  He goes one morning a week for 2.5 hours.  It's the same pre-k that Scott went to as a boy.  He likes it and the teachers are fantastic with him.   He also started KinderMusik without me being in the class with him.  It's a big change from me participating in class with him, but he aged out of the class with parents.  I think it was harder on me then it was for him.  

October breezed in with warmer then normal weather and we enjoyed those dog days of summer by spending as many possible moments outside.  The kids loved their small splash pool, sidewalk chalk was a hit (Paisley wrote with it, Lila ate it), and playing with Quartered (the cat).  We hosted a bonfire/hayride at the farm for the second time.  It was a bit bigger this year as we added live music and kept the entire event outside.  The kids had a blast and we look at continuing the event and expanding it even more next year.  The end of the month brought Halloween which kept the kids (and I) sugared up and running about.  Paisley was Clark Kent and this is officially the last year he will let me pick his costume.  I am thankful I had at 3 years of picking out costumes for him. Lila did double costume duty being Wonder Woman and a ladybug.  
Clark Kent painting a pumpkin
Lil Wonder Woman
November has been a bit rough on all of us.  We started off with an accident and lost our sweet kitty Quartered.  That began the talks of Heaven.  Great Grandma Florence took a turn for a worst and we lost her a few weeks later.  I spoke at her funeral which was one of the hardest moments of my life.  

We found the warm days of the month to hike in a nearby park and enjoy the beauty of the season.  We have geared up for the holidays that are upon us and begin to plan our adventures for 2015.

We're holding on to this life with both hands and enjoying all the seconds, both the sweet and the sad. 


Comments

  1. Your kiddos are so sweet!! It's hard to believe how fast these years with little ones fly by. Makes me want to pack the most into every day we have together. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty and your grandma. Let's hope December is full of smiles and happy memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney!! Our littles don't stay little for long do they? I try to soak it in as much as humanly possible!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More