Little Lila at 9 Months


               Birth                                                9 Months
 7lbs 5oz                                          17lbs 5.2oz  (35% for weight)
19.5 inches                                       28 inches      (65% for height)

This little doll has lived on the outside just about as long as she grew on the inside.  18 months ago,  we hadn't realized this little girl would be joining our lives.  Now we can't remember what life was like without our little squishy baby girl.

Her growth and awareness are more noticeable now then ever before.  She moves with a purpose, spying toys, a cup, her brother, and she will make a bee-line for it...well as quick as her worm-like movement will move her.  She still hasn't mastered moving her knees while crawling, but she's got arm strength that pulls her everywhere she wants to go.  She has begun sitting on her knees while playing or pulling up on her knees when trying to peer into the toy bin.  All this movement has really slimmed down our little squishy girl!

Potty training is proving to be successful!  She regularly pees on her pot and this month she has started pooping on it!  Let's hope she follows her brothers lead and my days of changing dirty diapers are over (or at least very few and far between)!

Our nights are going a little easier these days!  I continue to nurse/rock her to sleep.  Once I lay her down she flips onto her stomach to sleep.  She wakes between 1-3am to eat, then sleeps until 7:30 or so.  This is a schedule that I am loving!!  She takes 2 naps a day.  Both of those naps happen in her crib.  She protests a little at first, but quickly quiets down and falls asleep.  She wakes up happy from naps and nighttime.  I love hearing her cooing and talking.  Usually it sounds like "MA MA MA MA...."  She smiles and sits up when I walk in her room to get her.  *heart melts every time*
Food is finally becoming a friend of hers!! She can put away chunks of tomato and mashed potatoes like a full grown toddler.  She also likes fruit.  She'd rather feed herself then let me feed her and she loves drinking ice water out of a straw.  She still gets most of her nutrition from me, but I am happy that she is finally enjoying other foods.  We basically skipped over baby food or pureed food of any type.  Baby girl wants to eat what we eat.

She doesn't mind playing by herself for a bit, but she favors watching her brother play and getting involved in whatever toys he's playing with.  She's learned to rough house with him, grabbing on to his hair, shirt, arms, legs when he starts wrestling with her, and she doesn't let go!  Unfortunately we haven't broken her hair pulling habit yet.  Or pinching.

She loves bath time and now sits in the bathtub with her brother.  I was a little sad to put the baby tub away, but it is nice to have the kids in the tub together and get everyone clean at once.  She's a great sport about letting me put her in poofy dresses and bows in her hair.  She's not so great about sitting still during story time....she thinks books are for chewing.  But, I love having both babies on my lap and attempting to read to both of hem.

-No teeth yet...but we are getting close
-Frequently says "Momma" and "Dadda" and knows who is talking about
-She (sometimes) waves bye-bye
-She loves hearing mommy sing and it will quiet her down when she's upset
-Wears 6-9 month clothes
-One of the smiliest babies I've ever seen
-Will scream at strangers to get their attention, then smile at them

She gives slobbery kisses and loves to snuggle.  I look at her and can't help but see a little mini-me.  She may shriek like a wild banshee and already show the dramatic abilities of a 16 year old girl, but her daddy is wrapped tight around her finger.  I have a feeling this tiny doll will rule the roost of our family for at least the next 18 years.  I can't think of a cuter ruler.

Like this blog, leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)





Comments

  1. I can't believe she's so big!! It's fun to watch her grow and I'm sure she' going to try hard to keep up with her brother. I'm VERY intrigued about her potty training... I'd love to read a whole post about this so that Olive can follow suit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about doing a blog on my potty training routine, I'll have to do that!! I just told a friend about it and she got her little girl into a routine too. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

The First of a Few Hard Weeks