Holy 8 Months!!!


                               Birth          8 Months
                                       7lbs 5oz       17lbs-ish
                                      19.5 inches    27+ inches

She's soft and squishy and smells like Heaven.  Oh....and she's 8 months old!!

We've got another fully mobile kid on the loose.  Her crawling is more of a leap frog move, but she gets where ever she wants to go and fairly quickly.  She can reach high above her head to pull down/reach objects.  She can pull herself into a seated position from her stomach.  With her new found mobility and enjoyment in toys, she and Paisley are starting to play together.  She enjoys him a little more then he enjoys her.

We continue offering solids to our littlest munchkin.   When Paisley started solids we were very meticulous with which vegetables we would offer him and then began fruits after that.  I spent hours pureeing food to the perfect blend and took pride in my baby food making skills.  He ate like a champ and took to solids like it was no big deal.  Lila is a different story completely.  She'll eagerly take the first bite or two I offer her, but then keeps her lips pinched.  She doesn't favor fruits or vegetables and makes the most horrible faces when she does get some in her mouth.  I'm a little worried I may have to nurse her indefinitely if this keeps up!

I keep telling myself this awful sleeping pattern is just a phase.  I nurse her around 7:30 each night.  Most the time she falls asleep while I am nursing her but occasionally she is still awake once she has finished eating and I put her in bed.  If she is still awake, she'll fuss for about 3-5 minutes before falling asleep.  On a good night she will only wake up twice, roughly 11:30 and again around 3.  On a bad night she'll get up a 3rd time.  I keep telling myself this is just a phase and the next thing I know she'll be sleeping over at a friends house and I will wish I had her in my arms rocking by the light of the moonlight.

I have begun potty training the little sweet pea! I am a month behind when I started with Paisley, but I blame that on our trip to Colorado.  After 1 day of training she is already successfully peeing on the potty.  Fingers crossed within the next 2 months I'll be done with poopy diapers for good!

Little sweet pea looks when her name is said.  She also recognizes Paisley's name and the words "bite" and "kitty."  She's just a little sponge and learning so much so quickly.

A few things she does that melts my heart; when picked up after nap/bedtime she will wrap her arms around my neck and bury her face into me.  She will look me square in the eye and give me an open mouth slobbery kiss.  She loves being held by me....I would even go as far as saying it's her favorite place on earth.  When she gets bashful she hides in the safety of her my arms.  She loves her family and lets them feel the love by the way her eyes light up when her daddy gets home after work or the way she opens her mouth in the widest smile possible when her brother plays with her.  No one can get her to laugh the way her brother does.



She adds sweetness to my life that I didn't know was missing.  I can't help but steal a thousand kisses a day or pull myself away from inhaling her sweet baby smell.  She's my little piece of 8 month old Heaven on earth.  I am so blessed.

Like this blog, leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More