The Terrible Two's

Well they are called the terrible two's for a reason....
Who you calling terrible??
and sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry
Laughing is better...
I have to remind myself that he is only two (and 4 months)... and he doesn't really mean it when he screams, hits, acts irrational, throws his toys, refuses to give mommy a hug, doesn't eat his dinner, protests bedtime, responds "no" when asked to do something, and takes toys from his sister.
My littles

Just when I think that my sweet boy has been replaced with a tiny terroristic ninja that lives in my house and makes demands, I will feel two thin arms wrap around my legs and give me a hug.  I will catch him giving his sister a hug and kiss when he thinks no one is watching.  He'll say "Fank you mommy (thank you mommy)" when I hand him a drink.  He can be so loving and sweet causing my heart to melt and feel guilty for getting mad at him for the terrible two behaviors.

We jokingly say that he has it so rough, but I imagine being 2 isn't always easy.  He's had a year full of changes and growth.  He's switched houses, gained a baby sister, is fully potty trained, learned how to count (he can count to 17), knows his colors, knows left from right, knows some shapes, and speaks in full sentences.  He doesn't understand why he can't have candy after breakfast or apple juice all day.
Coloring!
He is a pretty good sleeper, going to bed around 8:30 each night and waking around 7am.  He does talk in his sleep which can be confusing to a momma when I hear him talking about "getting stuck in a ditch" at 2am.  He's an excellent eater and loves his snack time.  He loves fruit or dried fruit as his snack which makes this mommy and daddy proud.  After dinner we let him have a piece of candy, usually a sucker (his favorite type of candy).  His gets to drink milk and water with the occasional cup of juice.

He did excellent at his first trip to the dentist.  He wasn't crazy about having someone messing around in his mouth, but I explained what was going to happen and that he could have a snack after the visit.  That was all the incentive he needed to let them clean his teeth.

Happy Momma
Paisley doesn't like it when Lila gets upset, often causing him to start fussing as well or telling me to pick her up/change her/feed her/etc.  Occasionally she'll reach out to him grabbing a handful of his hair or accidentally kicking him while they are laying on the floor.  His response is immediately "No Lila!" followed by moving away from her quickly.  He likes to rub her head and lay on top of her.  She doesn't seem to mind.

He loves seeing both sets of his grandparents, often asking to go to Nana or Grammie's house.  He gets to have slumber parties with his Nana every once in awhile.  He loves those nights as he gets to stay up late and eat Cheetos with his Pappaw.  He loves to Facetime with his Aunt Bunny when she is out of town and he pretends to call all of his family members on his play phone "Hi Gramma Florence, doing?" (Doing = What are you doing)

He's a great little helper.  Anytime the clothes in the dryer are done, he will empty it into the laundry basket and carry (drag) it to my room.  From there he takes his clothes out and puts them in his room.  I will later go in his room and fold them and put them in the correct drawers, but he does an awesome job getting them in there.  Emptying the dishwasher is also a favorite activity of his.  I take care of the knives but let him hand me everything else.

He's a talker.  He stays on my heels most of the day chatting about playing, memories from the zoo, his birthday and what he wants to do with the rest of his day.  It can be tiring at times, but at the end of the day I appreciate my little chatterbox and that he wants to tell me things.

Favorites:
Playing with Monster trucks
Watching Dora, Super Why or Bubble Guppies
Dancing
Riding the 4-wheeler or tractor
Going to parties
Suckers
Playing with Daddy
Coloring
Playing with stickers
Taking a shower

Dislikes:
Lila touching his Monster Trucks
Getting his hair washed
Only getting to watch 1 or 2 shows a day
Being told "no"
Grapefruit
Uncooked celery
When his blankie gets dirty and I have to wash it

Sometimes he's so stubborn that I can't help but be proud and frustrated all at the same times.  He's such a strong willed, opinionated little guy.  He's so loving, so polite and I couldn't love him any more.  I look into his bright blue eyes, see the sun reflecting in his golden hair, and watch the mischievous smile play on his lips and he makes me smile.  Even though these terrible two's are aging me and wearing me out, I wouldn't trade the little monster angel for anything.

Like this blog, leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More