4 Months as My Daughter

Ankles? What ankles?
Birth                     4 Months
7lbs 5oz                14lbs 11oz
19.5 inches             25+ inches

Four months was the most difficult for Baby P and it seems to be the same for lil Lila.  My one wake up per night has turned into 4-5 times a night.  And she is eating every time!  I'd love to say that I am getting some sleep because Scott is giving her a bottle...but lil Lila still won't take a bottle.  Trying to give her a bottle elicits a response I imagine is similar to victims of water boarding.  She hates it.
Happy Baby

She gets up for the day at roughly 8am.  I'll hear her talking and cooing and through my sleep deprived eyes, I watch her smile from ear to ear as she sees her mommas head peer over the crib.  I love that part of the day.  I scoop her up and cover her chubby cheeks with warm kisses.  She buries her head into my neck and hair and coos as though she is so happy to see me.

While Paisley and I eat breakfast, Lila will sit in her bouncy chair or her jumperoo and play while we eat.  She loves to watch us eat and if I handed her a piece of toast, I honestly think she would devour it.  She longingly watches us eat.  At this point we have not given her anything but breast milk.  I imagine we will wait until around 6 months to introduce other foods.
Cheeks!

She takes one good nap a day, typically around noon.  Her favorite spot to nap is right on my chest.  If I have to lay her down, I have to wrap her up in a blanket and partially cover her face.  The second her face becomes uncovered, nap time is over.

She's such a little snuggler.  As I mentioned she loves being on her mommas chest with her head tucked under my chin.  She's so warm and her head feels like velvet, I love those moments I get to hold her in her favorite spot.  She also loves sleeping in our bed.  A few nights this past month Scott and I ended up bringing her to bed with us so we (I) wouldn't have to get out of bed 5 times to feed her.  She loved being in our bed and slept like an angel as long as she was laying right by my face.  Those nights were a great reminder that I could not be a co-sleeper on a regular basis because I was in constant worry of her disappearing under the covers and suffocating.
She wasn't so sure what this fur ball was...
Besides her sleep schedule turning whacky, her eating has been more sporadic.  She's also been very drooly which makes me think that teething could be on the horizon.  So far there isn't a sign of little whites coming in, but she sure acts like her mouth is bothering her.
Hi!

Her favorite person is Paisley.  Her eyes lock on him anytime they are in the same room and she will smile and talk to him.   She's a talker!  Once she gets started she will jabber to anyone that will listen.  She loves to give smiles and if you get close enough, she will grab you with her death like grip.  She enjoys holding onto her toys and shaking the ones that make noise.  She loves laying on her play mat and watching the pretty baby in the mirror.

When laying flat on her back, she tries her hardest to pull up into the sitting position.  It ends up looking like she is doing crunches.  She's wearing size 2 diapers at night (cloth during the day) but she is quickly outgrowing the size 2.  She can still fit in some 3 month clothing but they are starting to get tight.

She got to play in the snow for the first time and she wasn't crazy about it.  Once we got on the 4 wheeler and took off she quickly fell asleep.  She loves having her clothes pulled over her head and instantly cracks a smile and coos.  However getting her to put her arms into long sleeves is torturous to her and usually results in screaming.

The longest I have left her is 5 hours as I worked at The Limited the day after Thanksgiving.  She did pretty good until the last hour or so when she decided she wanted to eat and her dad brought out the bottle.  I haven't left her for that long since.

Firsts:
Thanksgiving
Significant snow fall
Ear Infection / Antibiotics

Likes:
Bath time
Paisley
Light up toys
Eating
Cuddling
Mommy's singing
Diaper changes

Nicknames:
Dolly
Lila Bean

We are looking forward to Christmas with our newest angel and introducing her to our family traditions.  Scott and I both agree we already forgot what life was like without her in it.

Like this blog, leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :)  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More