Right about Now

Little boy surrounded by BIG trees
Wednesday night, curled up on the couch, smelling the scent of our Norwegian Pine.  The babe is curled up asleep and Scott is out in the garage putting new brakes on his truck.

Following tradition, we headed to the tree farm the day after Thanksgiving and cut down a beautiful Christmas tree.  Paisley loved running around in the tree farm and I was happy the perfect tree didn't take too long to find!  While putting it up in the dining room, I was a little nervous about the tree remaining in an upright position throughout the entire Christmas season.  I've since learned that Paisley does not like the way the needles feel when he touches the tree.  This is great, but now I worry about him grabbing a light strand and pulling the tree over.  Our tree is decorated...but only the top half.  It didn't take long to realize he was WAY to interested in ornaments for me to have them within his reach.  Sure our tree may look a little "different" being 1/2 decorated, but that's what happens when you have a toddler.

Probably shouldn't have carried an axe and a baby...
My Christmas shopping is done! Thank you Etsy, Amazon, and a few shops in town!  Not only are they purchased but they are also wrapped and nestled under our tree.

I feel surprisingly on top of the Christmas season.  I need to get stocking stuff figured out and my kitchen needs to turn into a bake shop for at least one full day...but Bing is singing to me in the background, my Christmas Cranberry candle is burning, and not a creature is stirring at our house.

Pretty Lights!
Last weekend I snuck away for the night and headed to French Lick with the girls.  We had a fantastic spa day, relaxed in our room and caught up on life, had an amazing dinner, and did a little gambling!  It was long over due and so good to relax.  Of course I missed my boys, but I needed a little me time!

I've been working a couple days a week at the University!  It was kind of a last minute thing as they were short staffed and asked if I could help out.  I figured if there is a time of the year when some extra $$ would be helpful, now would be that time.  I would rather be with P then working those two days, but I actually think it is healthy for both of us to have 2 days a week that we aren't together.  He gets to spend the time with his grammie and Nana and I get to spend time using my brain and having adult conversations.

I hope you are enjoying the spirit of the season and spending it with those you love.  Now if you'd excuse me, I think I hear some hot chocolate calling my name.
My girls and I at dinner

Like this blog, leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

  1. LOVE that picture of Paisley looking at the lights! So precious! And I'm super impressed you are done with your Christmas shopping. I should probably get on that, huh?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More