Birthday Party Nashville Style

First and foremost I will always be a wife and Momma. However, look past the sleepy eyes, unbrushed hair, and the sparkling wedding ring, and there's me, Kara Elizabeth, the girl that loves traveling, laughing, and living in the million moments that make up the day.
Cheers!!!
Recently I took a "girls" trip to Nashville with 6 other fun and fabulous girls to celebrate the birth of our dear friend KW.  Up until this point, I had left P alone with my parents so Scott and I could have a little alone time.  However, this would be my first overnight without either boy.  *Gulp*  The night before I left, I totally had mixed emotions about leaving them and even had some guilt about going.  "Should I not go?" I asked Scott repeatedly.  I think he was actually glad when I finally left so he wouldn't have to keep telling me I "needed" to go have some fun with the girls. 
One glass of champagne and we are already doubled over in laughter
Once we got in Nashville and checked into the hotel, I was finally able to relax and realize this trip is good for me and my boys.  I needed some girl time to refuel my battery and kick up my boots (literally).  The birthday celebration began with a toast to our beautiful friend.  We even had matching shirts made with "Weaver-isms" on them.  It wouldn't be a girls weekend if we didn't hit The Green Hills Mall, so that is exactly what we did.  While we were there, I realized while walking by Regis that my hair was in desperate need of a cut.  In I went and an hour and a half later, she had taken off 25% of my hair .  Yikes! That's a lot of hair, but I needed the change!! 
Post fashion show...ready to go!
After shopping, it was back to the hotel to relax and prep for our night on the town.  I was able to FaceTime with my boys a little bit.  P was more interested in chewing on the phone than actually talking to me, but that's OK.  He's just a baby. 
Stay here? Ok! (Image courtesy of Google)
We stayed at Indigo, located in downtown Nashville.  It was a super neat and swanky hotel.  I had forgotten how fun it is to get ready to go out with a bunch of girls.  Our rooms became runways as we tried on various outfits deciding on what to wear.  In the end, short dresses and cowboy boots seemed to be our theme.  We grabbed dinner at a great sushi joint before heading to music row. 

Love this photo
After popping into a few bars, we had the most fun at Honky Tonk Central.  It is a 3 story bar but we were having so much fun on the first floor that we never ventured up to check out level 2 and 3. The band was excellent and I may have even had a small girl crush on the fiddle player.  She was awesome!
Dancing Fools!
Once we started dancing, we didn't stop.  3-4 solid hours of dancing in front of the stage flew by in know time.  It had been a while since I had danced like that and man oh man did it feel good.  Loud music, great friends, and me clapping, stomping, and twirling to the beat of the music.  As the night wore on, we hailed a taxi back to our hotel where pizza and brownies were consumed.  I curled up in the super soft bed and within seconds was out.
End of the night photo
The next day as Scott and P picked me up at KW's apartment, I was so happy to see "my" boys.  Scott even brought me a cold coffee from McDonald's.  Not that I needed a reminder that I have an incredible, thoughtful and loving husband, but here was cold liquid proof that I happily sipped down.
A night in Nashville and breakfast at the Waffle House later...
While the Mommy-Guilt was not an easy pill to swallow, we all survived my weekend away.  I don't have plans to leave both my boys anytime in the near future, but when the time comes, I will remember that Mommy-Guilt is best cured with good friends, good music, and a pair of cowboy boots. 

Like this blog? Leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :) 
   

Comments

  1. I'm with Scott. You NEED those times with your girls every now and again. As the lone single girl in my group of friends, I am always pumped when my girls are able to sneak away a little time just for us. Always means the world to me, and we always have such a blast. 90% of the time, I think we would all prefer to hang with the hubbies and babies (I seriously love my friends husbands, and their kiddos even more!), but every once in a while... that girl time is definitely necessary! Glad you and your girls had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More