Happy Anniversary to Us!

**Warning** This post may contain ooey-gooey lovey content that may set off your gag reflex.  So, grab your puke bucket and proceed with caution. 
Lets get married!!

Two whole years...that is how long I have held the title of wife.  On one hand, I am still learning new things about Scott daily.  Every afternoon I still can't wait for him to come home from work and scoop me into his arms for a kiss.  His text messages and random phone calls throughout the day make my heart skip a beat and a smile spread across my face.  On the other hand, he feels like that pair of comfortable jeans that I've owned forever that just fit.  He can read my thoughts by a simple glance and he can anticipate my needs before I do. 

Love this one...

In the most simplest of terms, first and foremost, I like this guy and enjoy every second we get to spend together.  He is my favorite travel companion and my better half.  He is good to his family and friends and confident in his abilities as a husband and father.  On top of all that, I find him extremely attractive. *says a blushing Kara*

One of my favorite parts of the day is long after the dinner dishes have been cleared and the sun has set beyond the horizon.  The house is quiet and alarm clocks are set.  Scott and I settle into bed.  Sometimes we bring books or magazines, but most the time it is just us.  We talk about the day and plan for the next.  It's "our" time to say whatever needs to be said for that day and to relax in to one another. 


And then we were married!!
On our anniversary, we reminisced about our perfect wedding day.  We spoke about laying eyes on one another as I walked down the aisle.  We both can't help but smile just remembering the moment.  I remember my heart catching as I listened to him say his vows to me, and I remember my vows happily bursting out of me as I loved promising him everything I am and have for all of eternity. 

Exactly 1 year later 2011
We reminisced about our first anniversary.  I had been in the hospital for roughly a week at that point.  Mom had brought me new pink pajamas for our special day.  Scott brought me flowers and a gift and we had carry-out from an Italian restaurant.  We had the top layer of our wedding cake and we snuggled in my hospital bed and reminisced about our wedding, much like we did this time around (minus the hospital bed).  We came a long way in that first year, and even further in our second. 

I don't know if I'd call it luck, good fortune or God answering my prayers that brought us together.  Whatever it was, I don't take it for granted.  I am excited about anniversary #3 and every day that comes between now and then.

2 years from our mountain wedding 2012
This picture from our anniversary this year makes me smile.  It's a very "every-day" picture because Scott and I spend a majority of our time on the floor playing with the little one.   There's clothes and toys on the floor, but that's just life.  It's our life.  It all started with us meeting, becoming friends, falling in love, getting married, and saying "I Do." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss