Mother's Day as Paisley's Mom

My boy
My mother has always been my best friend.  Sure there was a span of time that I thought she didn't want me to have any fun and I couldn't figure out why she hated every guy I dated (ok, there were a few she didn't hate) but all in all, she has always been loving, fun, and allowed me just enough freedom to figure out right and wrong on my own.  I have spent the past 30 Mother's Days picking out the perfect card and gift and letting her know just how much she is loved.  Last year with my bulging belly, I spent the day at her side thanking her for being such a wonderful Momma and praying that I would be 1/2 as good to my baby boy as she has been to me.
This year, while I still showered my Momma with love and admiration, I got to feel the shower of love and admiration myself.  Lil Fish is too little to pick out gifts or drive himself to the store to buy me something, so I "think" Scott helped our little bundle pick out some items.  And the two of them together did a fantastic job!!  I got a purse, a bottle of wine, a package of Starbucks iced coffee, and a Starbucks gift card.  And of course there was a sweet card. 
Happy Mother!
I guess I should back up to the weekend prior to Mother's Day.  Scott got up on that Sunday morning and snuck up behind me as I was filling the coffee pot.  He hugged me tight and said "Happy Mother's Day."  Perhaps I shouldn't have told him that he was a week early, but I did.  As the "real" Mother's Day rolled around, Scott got up and told me the day was mine to spend however I wanted.  It didn't take me long to figure out breakfast at the Cross-Eye Cricket was a MUST!  Off we went and just like always, their breakfast was so good!  It made me happy sitting at the table with my boys. 

After breakfast it was off to the zoo.  Scott and I had not been to the zoo since we were in grade school, so it had drastically changed for the better!  We enjoyed walking around and since we went so early in the day, there was hardly anyone there!  Paisley loved the peacocks as they roam around freely and got up close to his stroller.  Scott was ready to backhand one that was a little too curious about our lil fish. 
2 Mommas and a baby
The weather was perfect and my heart soared.  After our trip to the zoo, we headed to my mother-in-laws house to celebrate with her.  We took pizza and joined her for lunch.  We headed back home just in time for me and Paisley to catch a nap while Scott ran out to cut down some trees (I know that is totally random, but he has a side business and he cuts down trees).  Then my parents came over for dinner that night so we could celebrate the day a little more.  Being able to spend the day with my mom, my mother-in-law, and my son brought the meaning of Mother's Day in full circle.  I would not be the mother I am without my mom, and I would not be married to the most caring guy if it were not for my mother-in-law.  And I wouldn't be called "Mom" if it weren't for my little Dumplin. 
Quality time at the zoo

As I curled up in bed that night, Scott reminded me how much happier today was than last Mother's Day.  Last year after a day of activity and time in the garden, I started bleeding.  It was terrifying and I remember thinking it was the worst Mother's Day ever.  In the ER that night, I got to see my healthy little baby on the monitor doing a "Happy Mother's Day" dance.  It was scary and awful but ended up being ok.  I am so thankful to spend this year with our baby in my arms and the love of my life at my side.  Cheers to a Happy Mother's Day!!!

Like this Blog? Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More