A Lot Can Happen in 9 Months!!!!

Scott and I have reached the point that we look at pictures of brand new baby fish and can't believe how much time has passed.  Here is our little 9 month old...


Birth Stats                                               9 Month Stats
6lbs. 5.9oz                                                18 lbs. 7oz.
19 inches long                                          27.5 (roughly) inches long

Our healthy, happy baby boy brings smiles and laughs to Scott and my lips daily.  He is ever changing and evolving into this perfect little person.  So many milestones this month!  Here goes...


Paisley stands up in his crib!  Hearing him wake from a nap and walking in his room to find him standing up and waiting for me in his crib is precious beyond belief. As I walk to the side of his crib, he holds his arms up and smiles.  I can't pick him up quick enough!
Paisley has been crawling at warp speed for the past month, but now he climbs over any object in his path and pulls up on anything that will support his weight.  Scott and I joke that he puts it in 4-wheel drive as he climbs over mounds of pillows and blankets.  I love standing in the kitchen doing dishes or cooking and feeling him pull up on my legs.  He knows that no matter what I'm doing, I will stop and pick him up.  Picking him up is always followed by me kissing every inch of his face.  He has also learned how to drop to his bottom from the standing position.  There were a few rough days that he couldn't quite master a dismount from the standing position, but he's pretty much perfected his fall.  Thank goodness for those bulky cloth diapers to cushion his drop!

He wants to walk all the time!  He will grab our hands and pull himself into the standing position and take off walking.  He will walk around and around the house until your back is about to give out from stooping over him.  He will also hold onto objects (coffee table, couch, etc.) and walk while using the furniture for balance.  He occasionally gets brave and will let go and just stand there.

Little fish gives kisses! These are the open mouthed, very slobbery kisses.  It's sort of like having a puppy kiss you, only way better.  He gives them sporadically and sometimes despite how much begging Nana does for one, little stubborn boy only kisses when HE wants to. 

Speaking of puppies...our little guppy will crawl around at our heels and follows us from room to room.  It's funny in the morning when Scott and I are getting ready for work and that kid is never more than a few steps behind us.  I've never been so happy to be tailgated in my life. 

Our little dumplin has learned to wave.  We have only seen it a handful of times, but the first time was as Scott was walking out the backdoor and said "Bye" to Paisley.  Paisley knew that meant it was time for him to wave, so he did.
We've got a talker!  We can't tell exactly what he is saying...but he is saying a lot!  He babbles and squeals and laughs and will do whatever he can to make Scott and I laugh.  He likes to make the pitch of his voice go up and down.  Mostly he says "Ohhhh" and follows it up by making an "O" mouth. 

Dumplin continues to be 50% potty trained!  I did have to change my first poopy-diaper in 2 months and I was quickly reminded how awesome it is not to have to change poopy diapers 95% of the time.  Yuck.  He is getting better about holding his bladder during the day and will sigh with relief when he gets put on the potty.  I never knew babies peed so much! 

Sleep continues to have its ups and downs.  This past month he has been getting up one time during the night, usually between 1:30-4.  He will eat and then go back to sleep until 6:30.  It's not awful but I do wonder when he will start sleeping all night.  Every great once in awhile he will sleep through the night until 5:30.  On those mornings I am almost silly from all the sleep! 

We have an eater!  He still nurses first thing in the morning, in the afternoon, before bed, and once in the early hours of morning.  All other times he wants to feed himself.  He would rather feed himself than have me feed him.  He isn't picky and will eat whatever!  He favors peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, yogurt, cheese, and bread.  I do not take it for granted that he will eat anything!! 
Dislikes:
Getting his face wiped off after meals
Having the snot sucker used on him
Getting put into his crib for naps
Getting put in his pack-n-play anytime
Being told "No" (he wants to play in the bathroom)

Likes:
Dogs
"This Little Piggy"
FaceTime with his Aunt Rhea
Any magazine (he will crawl around carrying Time magazine)
Waitresses (he flirts with every waitress we have)
Playing in his pool
Ice water

Time continues to pass and just when I don't see how it is possible to love this little 18 pounder anymore, he finds a way to expand my heart.  Cheers to hearts that continue to grow!


Like this blog? Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More