A Final Look Back on 2011


January-We rang in 2011 at Rhea and Greg's Murder Mystery party.  Me with my pin curls and Scott with his pipe...I think we made a striking pair.  A few days later we got a positive sign that changed our lives in an instant. It became "our" secret that we only shared with one another for quite sometime.  Talk about starting the new year with a bang!


February-Pregnant or not, we had already planned a ski trip to Lake Tahoe.   I stayed off the black slopes and took my spiced cider without the spice.  We had a sneaking suspicion this may be our last ski trip without a baby for some time!  We had our first Dr. appointment! Sure enough, we got to see our little gummy bear!  We welcomed our first nephew to the family, Cameron James!


March-I headed to French Lick with the girls to catch a Kenny Rogers concert.  Believe it or not, it was really good!  I'm pretty sure my girlfriends suspected something was up when I wasn't up for a wine tasting! Scott and I spent the last weekend of the month in Brown County.  We figured we could use a getaway! In hindsight it was perfect timing because two months later...my list of acceptable activities became non-existent!


April-The gender reveal party! It's a ......BOY!!!!  Now the shopping and nursery preparations can begin!

May-My first Mother's Day (I figured I was close enough!)  Maybe I was a little too excited because I ended up in the hospital that very night.  We had an ultrasound that showed our little jumping bean was just fine.  I think he just wanted to say "Happy Mother's Day!"  A few days later I was put on full blown bed rest. 


June-Spending my days watching Today, painting, reading, and chatting with my numerous visitors.  Being flat on your back all day everyday is tiring!!  I sent my birthday boy off on a surprise trip to Nashville to drive a race car.  Even on bed rest I'm still the coolest wife ever!


July-Celebrated 4th of July on the couch listening to fireworks. On the 7th, Scott and I went to IHOP for breakfast and then checked me into St. Mary's for the duration of my pregnancy.  We spent our first anniversary with Biaggi's carryout and the top layer of our wedding cake.  It was perfect!


August-Welcome to the world Paisley Andrew!!!  It was the most mind blowing, scary, rush of emotion filled day of our lives.  We finally got to meet our son and it was pure heaven.  I was finally off bed rest and I got to return home after 8 weeks in the hospital.  Life is good!


September-Enjoying getting to know our son and already watching him change.  Time really does fly.  My wonderful friends and loving sister threw me a shower to welcome Baby P to the world.  I also celebrated my birthday! 


October-Baby P got to experience a night under the stars!  We went camping with some family and friends in New Harmony State Park.  Our first camping trip with a baby was a success!  It also came time for me to return to work.  It was hard and there were tears, but we all survived.  Dumplin celebrated his first Halloween!  He was the cutest little monster I'd ever seen. 

November-A flight to Florida to celebrate Thanksgiving brought many more "firsts" into the life of our boy.  He got to see the ocean and dig his toes in the sand.  I baked my first turkey and Scott and I enjoyed an adult only evening at my company Christmas party. 


December-A trip to the tree farm led us to the perfect blue spruce that took up residence in our home  for the next month. The rest of the days were filled with shopping, decorating and a trip to see Santa.  The holidays were upon us and we crammed them full of tidings and good cheer.  We visited with family and made new memories.  We sent 2011 out the door while our family of 3 partied with friends. 

2011 by the numbers:
We were pregnant 223 days
I was on bed rest 85 days
41 of those were in the hospital
On Dec. 31, our son was 136 days old

Time to start the clock all over!  Cheers!

Like this blog? Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

  1. I love(d) following your life through your :) Great tribute to a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog and Your post pics so beautiful Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More