Cinco de Mayo!

Image courtesy of Google
Recently I blogged about Scott and my first date 4 years ago. However, we must confess that not all of our dates were always fluffy clouds and pink fuzzy bunnies. One such date happened 4 years ago today, Cinco de Mayo.


I was at my sister’s house waiting for Scott to pick me up and Rhea decided she wanted to meet him. It was only our 2nd date and I knew the chances of Rhea embarrassing me were high. There wasn’t a snowballs chance in Mexico that I was going to let that happen.

As Scott’s truck pulled into the drive, I launched myself out the door quick as could be. Both Scott and my sister (who was now standing at the door looking out) were surprised by my quick move. Due to the puzzled expression on Scott’s face as I jumped into the passenger side and slammed the door, I felt the need to explain that my sister was a little goofy and he could meet her later. *Note: we’re all a little goofy. I just wasn’t ready for Scott to meet the family yet.

As we drove to a local Mexican restaurant, the conversation was good and I was happy to be out with this fantastic person. At dinner, I enjoyed 1 margarita. It was good and I felt completely fine post-margarita. After dinner, Scott mentioned heading to a friend’s house as it was his birthday and he was throwing a party.
Photo courtesy of Google

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by a little ankle-biting dog. Except, this dog didn’t just bite ankles, it got a hold of Scott’s nose. Yes, the dog bit Scott’s nose and drew blood. Not to mention, I have a small fear of dogs anyway, so it was just an awkward situation. Throw in the fact that this is our second date and I was meeting a room full of people I had never met before in my life.

Scott’s friend, (the birthday boy) offered to make me a drink. “Sure!” I replied. Famous last words as it must have been the strongest White Russian in the history of White Russian’s. After finishing the drink (not forgetting the 1 margarita I had with dinner) I sat down on the couch and the world was slowly spinning. As the world spun, I sank lower and lower into the cushions as my world went dark.

Photo courtesy of Google
I woke up much later to an empty apartment except for Scott sitting next to me on the couch watching tv. Apparently the two drinks were more than I could handle and I had passed out cold on the couch. The party had decided to head into town to some of the local establishments to continue on with their festivities. Sweet Scott, not wanting to leave his passed out date, stayed with me while I slept off my 2 beverages. After slowly coming back to reality, Scott drove me back to my sister’s house. I was mortified and Scott had teeth marks on his nose. Not the best night for either of us.

A couple crucial factors were realized by both of us that night:

1. I am not allowed more than 1 adult beverage ever again.

2. Scott will keep his face out of biting distance from canines.

3. Should I ever pass out again, I know that Scott will be at my side when I wake up.

4. Even though the date sucked at the time, we can now look back on it and laugh.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Liked this blog? Leave a comment! Feedback makes me happy! :)

Comments

  1. Laughing at that one. What a nice second date. Ha Ha! Luck for you he didn't leave you alone at the friends house:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

Simple Mistakes or Something More

Loss