Pity Party for One

It’s official, I am pitiful. What started out as a scratchy throat on Monday has turned into some sort of full blown crud. For the past two nights, my dear husband has been kept awake by my coughing, sneezing, gagging, tossing and turning. Breathing through my nose has become impossible, so I have become a mouth breather. Last night a hot shower didn’t clear me up, nor did the humidifier, nor did Vicks. My husband said he was going to pick up a neti pot after work. I’ve never used one, so it should be interesting. Tomorrow I have already decided to take the day off and rest. That’s one thing I know I haven’t been getting enough of this week. It’s just so hard to sleep when you can’t breathe.


This is a Neti Pot.  I will call ours Auntie Nettie

In brighter news, we have a vacation coming up! Scott and I are headed to Lake Tahoe next month on our annual ski trip. This year there are about 15 people going. I’ve never skied Tahoe so I’m pretty excited to try out the runs.

And last but not least, the dear husband that I have been keeping up at night with my coughing, sneezing, gagging, etc., I also rear-ended his truck the other day with my car. As we were veering onto a highway, I thought he was on his gas, however, he was not. I ended up on his bumper. More damage to my car than his, but I should be thankful it wasn’t worse. Scott’s just thankful that I don’t follow him in a separate vehicle more often.

Like this blog?  Post a comment! Comments make me happy!

Comments

  1. Glad you are over the terrible crud!!!! I am going to make sure I am always following you in my car. I don't want to be rear ended:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More