All about this Momma!!

Hello belly!
I am officially more pregnant than I have ever been!  I had Paisley at 36 wks and 3 days.  As of today I am 36 weeks and 5 days.  Being on bed rest vs not has been a completely different experience.  I have had more physical discomfort with this pregnancy and finding clothes to wear out in public has been difficult at times.  However, I'll take the non-bed rest route any time!

I finished working at the university about a week and a half ago and we have been in the full swing of moving.  Yes, you read that correctly.  At 9 months pregnant we are moving into a new house.  If you think about it, Scott and I like to throw several HUGE events in the same time frame every chance we get.  When we got married, Scott quit his job the week before and took a new job.  The week we had Paisley, Scott quit his job and took a new job.  Now we are 2 weeks away from having our baby and we have bought and remodeled a new house.  When I say "we" I mean Scott remodeled the new house.  I just picked out paint colors and kitchen cabinet designs.
Spending time with the "big" brother
So how am I doing these days you ask...Physically I just feel huge.  I am right around the same weight as I was when I had Paisley.  My stomach feels so full my appetite has pretty much all but disappeared.  Of course I can still polish off a bowl of ice cream or some shaved ice.  And I can not get enough ice cold water to drink!    My back varies from hurting so bad some days I can hardly move, to other days it doesn't feel so much as a twinge of pain.  Heartburn has been the devil himself.  I have never experienced anything like it and a couple nights I have ran to the bathroom thinking I was about to toss my cookies.  I even resorted to taking Tums one night which I had never (and hope to never again) take.  Ugh.  I can't see anything below my belly button (which has popped out and is flush with my stomach) and shaving my legs is a full fledged work out (yet I continue to do some upkeep because it'd just be gross to show up to the hospital all hairy).  I have some swelling and my wedding rings have sadly been replaced by a plain silver band (dang swollen fingers).  Sleep at night isn't easy, but I am lucky that Mr. Sandman does appear more often then not.

Mentally I am doing great, just the occasional surge of hormones that sends my nose into a Kleenex.  Moving out of our old house was easy until we went back a few days later to pick up some items that hadn't been moved yet.  As we pulled into the drive, I thought about all the memories the house holds.  This was the house Scott and I had slumber parties in while we were dating.  This was the house we came back to after we got engaged.  This was the house we came home to as husband and wife.  This was the house that I spent weeks on bed rest growing our child.  And finally this was the house we brought a baby home to.  The sweet blue nursery that Scott worked so hard to prepare for our little boy.  The dining room with the big picture window that Paisley and I spent hours playing in front of.  So many memories and all that was left was a shell of our home.  Empty rooms that I swear I could hear our voices echoing off the walls.  So I cried.  Scott was worried and said we could move back if we wanted.  I am sure he was relieved when I laughed and told him not to be silly.
We're going to need a bigger bed!
I am ready to meet this baby girl.  While it is bittersweet to have this pregnancy nearing the end, I feel I have embraced every second of carrying her.  Despite the back pain and heartburn, I have loved feeling her every move and every hiccup.  I have loved being out in public and having people comment on my belly and asking questions.  I haven't even minded the occasional stranger touching my belly (they all asked before reaching).  I have loved the kind smiles I receive from strangers as if pregnant people just make other people happy.

Scott has been an excellent partner (once again) throughout this entire experience.  Not only has he spent his days working, his evenings remodeling a new house, and every other minute either taking care of Paisley or ensuring that my needs were being met, but he's done it with a smile on his face.  He's been patient during my irrational moments (there has been one or two) and he has loved my through my pity parties when I can't find a clean pair of pants to wear.

This Momma may be tired, stretched to the max, and super thirsty, but I am also very thankful, very happy, and enjoying the here and now.

Like this blog? Leave a comment!  Feedback makes me happy! :)   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the Little Boy

The First of a Few Hard Weeks

Simple Mistakes or Something More